Tuesday 23 April 2013

Some More #NaPoWriMo Poem Offerings...



I'm really enjoying the #NaPoWriMo poem a day challenge! Here are a few more of my daily efforts... (posting in the name of National Poetry Writing Month...)

Any one else out there doing it? How's it going?

~Siobhán



Pit-Stop (A Giver’s Remorse)

Some days
her heart feels
like a one-stop pit stop,
the kind

with chewing gum
pock-marked all over,
a careless spit blitz
of use and misuse,
relics of waste

from those who have
been,
loaded up,
and went on their way,
destination-greedy.

Some days
she watches their tail-lights
dilate in the distance
and regrets
how (conveniently) empty
she's become.
 


Meet-Cute (Haiku)

It was cute alright;
you and me and the gold light,
haloes all around.





 

Saturday

Saturday is like
a patch of green grass rest
in the week’s towering
concrete.



 




Why I Like Writing Poetry

When the right words
fit into the right place
on the page,
the world fits too.

And everything opens up
like a wide-eyed smile,
not the frown it
sometimes pretends to be. 
 



No Poem Day

I can’t write a poem today
because
my mind is stuck
in first gear

and anyway

there’s a traffic jam of thoughts
a mile long
bumper-to-bumper
honking horns
all blare and flare
to get through
first

and the red light
hurts my eyes. 

***



© Siobhán Mc Laughlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment by signing in with your Google ID, blog/website, or Anonymous if you haven't any of these! It's easy! Feedback tickles me pink :)