Friday 22 June 2012

A Poem A Day!


In order to indulge my love of poetry I have just started another blog entitled A Poem A Day, in which I plan to do what it says on the tin - post a poem a day!

These poems will include some of my favourite poems and poets as well as totally random ones - from sonnets to haikus, old to modern, famous to unknown, and everything in between.

So if you're a poetry lover, join me in indulging in a poem a day! The equivalent of a vitamin for the soul! I love poetry - but I admit I don't read it on a daily basis - more of a pick-it-up-randomly-now-and-then basis, so I am looking forward to the commitment and the benefits I will surely reap from the project! And hopefully the inspiration it will provide to readers who stumble upon it. 

The blog will consist of poems, and nothing but the poems! No wordy nattering from me. I'm going to stand back and let the poems speak for themselves (barring a few lines of introduction.)

Even if you're not a poetry lover - pop over and have a look, see if you can find something you like. I maintain that there is a poem suited to everyone out there - and once you find it - once it clicks with you, you'll be hooked from then on. Poetry is a medium that speaks to us all, in some form or another. 

There will still be poems featured on this blog - of course! But A Poem A Day is solely devoted to poems. If you fancy a moment of morning meditation - have a look. Or a curious peek. Even a line of a poem can speak volumes. It may even solve your current woes, never under-estimate it! A poem a  day keeps... all the big bad 'Ds' away - despair, depression, disillusion, doubt, detachment and disencouragement. It can inspire and uplift and illuminate and affirm. It offers, more than anything, a reminder of what life really is.

Don't believe me? Give it a go. It can't hurt. 

I hope to see you there! - www.a-poem-a-day-project.blogspot.com


 ~ Siobhán.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment by signing in with your Google ID, blog/website, or Anonymous if you haven't any of these! It's easy! Feedback tickles me pink :)